You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Restricting

I would like to allow Discord on my son's phone. But if I limit the privacy restrictions to his age it is not allowed. I cannot find a setting that allows me to go ahead and allow just that one app.

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 3:16 PM

Hi Phil__B,

For help with Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time, you can view the available settings you can restrict and control in the article here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Additionally, once downloaded you would need to check the internal discord settings to see if the app has measures to restrict certain content. In the App Store it is listed as a 17+ age rating. You can find details here: App Store - Discord - Chat, Talk & Hangout

When restricting content using the steps below, and from the same article shared above the app may not work as expected even if the settings are temporarily changed to download the app.

"Prevent explicit content and content ratings

You can also prevent the playback of music with explicit content and movies or TV shows with specific ratings. Apps also have ratings that can be configured using content restrictions.

To restrict explicit content and content ratings:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions, then tap Content Restrictions.
  3. Choose the settings that you want for each feature or setting under Allowed Store Content."

If you'd like, feel free to leave feature feedback for Apple directly here: Product Feedback - Apple

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 14, 2023 3:16 PM in response to Phil__B

Hi Phil__B,

For help with Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time, you can view the available settings you can restrict and control in the article here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Additionally, once downloaded you would need to check the internal discord settings to see if the app has measures to restrict certain content. In the App Store it is listed as a 17+ age rating. You can find details here: App Store - Discord - Chat, Talk & Hangout

When restricting content using the steps below, and from the same article shared above the app may not work as expected even if the settings are temporarily changed to download the app.

"Prevent explicit content and content ratings

You can also prevent the playback of music with explicit content and movies or TV shows with specific ratings. Apps also have ratings that can be configured using content restrictions.

To restrict explicit content and content ratings:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions, then tap Content Restrictions.
  3. Choose the settings that you want for each feature or setting under Allowed Store Content."

If you'd like, feel free to leave feature feedback for Apple directly here: Product Feedback - Apple

Cheers.

App Restricting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.