You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date change not accepted by Photos

I recently changed the dates of about 30 photos from the incorrect date of 2023 to the correct date of 1993. I changed each photo one by one so that the date and time matched other photos in the group. Unfortunately, when I re-opened Photos the date are back to the 2023 date. These 30 photos are from a group of about 300 that I scanned. The other 270 photos are retaining their correct date. I am running ventura 13.1 and Photos 8.0. Any suggestions??

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 8:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 9:16 AM

This may happen, if Photos has crashed, after you corrected the dates. Then Photos may not yet have saved the changes in the library.

As a test - correct one date, then quit Photos and open it again. Does Photos now show the correct date?

3 replies

Date change not accepted by Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.