You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing Sleep app

I do not have the sleep app on my apple watch. Any idea how to get it?

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 7:10 AM

7 replies

Mar 10, 2023 9:42 AM in response to coygins

Hi coygins,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

You can download the Sleep app on your Apple Watch via the App Store. You can find it here: Sleep

If you need help to set up Sleep to use with your Apple Watch, this article guide you: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

"Edit your sleep schedule on your Apple Watch

If you need to update your sleep schedule, you can make changes to your full schedule or for Next Wake Up Only. With Next Wake Up Only, the changes you make apply only to the following day. Changes made to your full schedule apply to all future days.

If you're up before your scheduled Wake Up time, you can exit Sleep Focus. Turn the Digital Crown to unlock your Apple Watch. Then swipe up to open Control Center and tap the Sleep app icon.

Update Next Wake Up Only

1. Open the Sleep app.
  2. Tap the schedule under Next.
  3. Tap Wake Up or Bedtime.

An Apple Watch screen showing the options to edit Next Wake Up Only

4. Tap the hour or minute and turn the Digital Crown to adjust the time. Then tap the checkmark to save.

5. Tap Alarm to turn on an alarm and adjust the sound and haptics.

6. Tap Edit Schedule in the upper left to save your changes for the following day."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Mar 11, 2023 2:47 PM in response to jeffd55

OK so, what finally worked was to open this email on my Apple Watch, find this email with the app link and click it. I was able to add the app, but also was prompted to enable Sleep settings on my watch and adjust a couple other settings. Anyway, the app is there now. Thanks. This was way too much work. The app should just pop up in the app store, IMHO.

Mar 10, 2023 6:39 PM in response to coygins

Salutations coygins, 

The app we linked does require iOS 13 or later. To clarify, which version of iOS are you running on your iPhone? You can check in Settings > General > About and you can also install any available updates using the steps from the following article. Be sure to make a backup first. 

Update your iPhone or iPad

Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly
1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

If your Apple Watch is set up via Family Setup, the Sleep app is not available. 

Thanks. 

Mar 10, 2023 1:55 PM in response to Miche11e_P

I do not have the Sleep app. I cannot find it on the app store, when accessed either from my watch or from my iphone. It is only buried deep within the Health app. I just want the simple sleep app that you pictured in your reply, but cannot get it. Any more suggestions on how to access it? Once I have the app, I know how to use it.

missing Sleep app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.