You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"color options" etc, missing from print dialogue OS 12

Recently bought M1 MacBook.

Printing from various graphics software, my old 2012 MacBook (OS 10.15), to a Canon Pro-100, print dialogue lists:

Layout

Color Matching

Paper Handling

Cover Page

Quality & Media

Color Options

Borderless Printing

Margin

Supply Levels

BUT my new M1 only lists:

Media & Quality

Layout

Paper Handling

Cover Page

Watermark

Supply Levels

The printer drivers are those provided by Canon. I've done all the obvious re-install etc.

How can I get the full print dialogue options back,

I need to tile, be borderless and need color options.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 1:25 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 4, 2023 5:21 PM in response to culturalproduct

Hello culturalproduct,

This page can help out with providing some details on printing from the Mac: Print documents from your Mac - Apple Support

On there it'll help to note:

Note: You might see different options in the Print dialog depending on your printer and the app you’re using. If the following steps differ from what you’re seeing, check the documentation for the app you’re using by clicking Help in the menu bar.

For issues with printing this page can additionally provide further help: Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

"color options" etc, missing from print dialogue OS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.