You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One video I recorded on iPhone 14 Pro Max audio cuts out randomly during video

I recorded some videos on my iPhone 14 Pro Max and for some reason, only one video audio cuts out around 20 seconds in and doesn’t come back in for the rest of the video. I’m not sure if I pressed something during the recording but it’s only this video that has this problem. How can I fix this?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 7:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 1:33 PM

Gotcha! If you've checked the volume/mute switch on your iPhone, try tapping "Edit" at the top right (with the video pulled up in the Photos app) and make sure that the video hasn't been muted. After tapping "Edit", you'll see a speaker icon at the top left - it's yellow when unmuted/white when muted. If that still doesn't help, it's possible there's an issue with the video itself that occurred during recording :(

You can also try posting your question in the Photos for iOS or Using iPhone communities, since this was posted in the community for the Clips app:

Photos for iOS - Apple Community

Using iPhone - Apple Community

Hope that helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2023 1:33 PM in response to Kenny_Passion

Gotcha! If you've checked the volume/mute switch on your iPhone, try tapping "Edit" at the top right (with the video pulled up in the Photos app) and make sure that the video hasn't been muted. After tapping "Edit", you'll see a speaker icon at the top left - it's yellow when unmuted/white when muted. If that still doesn't help, it's possible there's an issue with the video itself that occurred during recording :(

You can also try posting your question in the Photos for iOS or Using iPhone communities, since this was posted in the community for the Clips app:

Photos for iOS - Apple Community

Using iPhone - Apple Community

Hope that helps.

One video I recorded on iPhone 14 Pro Max audio cuts out randomly during video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.