You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iphone

Why is the last location of iphone only kept for 24 hours after phone goes flat?

A friend lost his phone 2 days ago in a very large paddock with lots of grass (last known location would be a huge help to know where to look). Unfortunately the phone went flat before he could find it and he was unable to get help or log on to iCloud for over 24 hours.

It would seem to me that it would be far more useful if last known location was just a bit of information stored indefinitely for each device… until phone is reactivated and new location replaces the last known location… after all those who are choosing to share their location for the purpose of being able to find their phone, do so because they want a record of where there phone is, so they are able to find their phone to its last known location…

Deleting last known location after only 24 hours is a very disappointing feature of find my iPhone…

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 4:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 11:29 AM

Queenofhearts1111 wrote:

Why is the last location of iphone only kept for 24 hours after phone goes flat?

A friend lost his phone 2 days ago in a very large paddock with lots of grass (last known location would be a huge help to know where to look). Unfortunately the phone went flat before he could find it and he was unable to get help or log on to iCloud for over 24 hours.

It would seem to me that it would be far more useful if last known location was just a bit of information stored indefinitely for each device… until phone is reactivated and new location replaces the last known location… after all those who are choosing to share their location for the purpose of being able to find their phone, do so because they want a record of where there phone is, so they are able to find their phone to its last known location…

Deleting last known location after only 24 hours is a very disappointing feature of find my iPhone…

This goes here Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2023 11:29 AM in response to Queenofhearts1111

Queenofhearts1111 wrote:

This goes here Product Feedback - Apple

Find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.