You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Audiobooks Not Playing

Apple Books stopped playing audibooks correctly on my iPhone 12 after upgrading my Mac OS to Monterey. The phone and mac are updated to the current versions as at 19 Feb 2023. The audibooks sync, everything seems to be working, but then when I open the books app and try to play the audiobook all I get is a blurry grey screen, the play pause buttons etc are below in white colour, but everything else is grey. The thumbnails for the books themselves have also bugged out, displaying thumbnails from the podcast app instead. None of the books play, and nothing works. Also some of the books now display the name as "unknown author". Note that the Books play perfectly well on the Books app on the Macbook. It is only on the iPhone 12 that where don't work. Any ideas? I attach an image of the grey screen also.

iPhone 12

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 1:50 AM

Thanks for the response, but none of these steps worked.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple Audiobooks Not Playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.