You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer not working after Ventura 13.2.1 update

My HP Envy 5546 not printing following the update to OS Ventura 13.2.1

I am using a Mac Mini with wireless connection to the printer. I had a similar problem with the previous update which was eventually resolved by deleting my printer and adding it back again. However I am frustrated that I have to do that simply because Apple have sent me an update of the OS. Why does issue this reoccur at each update?

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:41 PM

7 replies

Feb 17, 2023 7:52 AM in response to den.thed

Thank you den.thed

I tried the reset route as you suggested but the difficulty was in adding a printer after resetting. I completed the details on the Add Printer screen but nothing happened. I will enclose a screenshot of result. Part of the problem might be linked to the step at the bottom of the Add Printer screen which asks for the software to use. I can never find any option that links to my printer model so I chose the Generic PostScript Printer option. When it didn't "add" to my Mac the system did allow me to add it anyway so it does appear in System Settings , Printers & Scanners section. Ironically the printer shows up as "idle" so I assume it is ready for use, but when I send a document for printing I get the message below.

My printer is HP Envy 5546 All-in-One Printer connected wirelessly to my MacMini M1. All of this happened after the past 2 updates of OS which is now Ventura 13.2.1. I am at a loss of what to do. I tried your suggestion after the previous update (suggested by one of your colleagues) and eventually got the printer going again. I cannot really tell you which method of many that I tried. In future I will have to write done each suggested solution as I do get confused.

sam

Feb 17, 2023 8:28 AM in response to den.thed

Thank you for a very speedy reply. I used your link but when I downloaded the Easy Start software I got a warning on my screen see below. I tried it a few times but no change. So I am left in a bind. Thank you for trying.

I am beginning to wonder is there something fundamentally wrong with the link between the Mac and my HP printer. Also before these offending updates I have used this printer without problems since I bought it in 2016. I have just double checked that the printer is properly connected by redoing the wireless connection by using the Wireless setup Wizard accessible from the printer screen. All is good there.

Printer not working after Ventura 13.2.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.