You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of subtitles?

How do I get rid of subtitles?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 5:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 5:58 PM

On the Apple TV box, for the current video: In the TV app, go to the subtitles button, and select Off (instead of a language). Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

On the Apple TV box, for setting a default for future videos: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Automatic Subtitles﹥… and: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Subtitle Language﹥… And also: Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Closed Captions and SDH﹥On|Off.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2023 5:58 PM in response to Heidiheis

On the Apple TV box, for the current video: In the TV app, go to the subtitles button, and select Off (instead of a language). Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

On the Apple TV box, for setting a default for future videos: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Automatic Subtitles﹥… and: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Subtitle Language﹥… And also: Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Closed Captions and SDH﹥On|Off.

Feb 14, 2023 5:58 PM in response to Heidiheis

They seem to be stuck in “On”. When I turn to Auto(meaning they should only come on for jump back function), they stay On. I had to turn them Off, which bites- sometimes I need to jump to hear something again. Why did this suddenly stop working correctly?

Now I am logged in here on my iPad, and this website keeps telling me to log in again…even though I am logged in, since Sign Out is an option. Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave in mortified embarrassment.

How to get rid of subtitles?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.