You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with activating iMessage and FaceTime

I have a problem with activating iMessage and Facetime on my iphone 12 mini. I am not able to activate my phone number so it can be used for both of those messaging and calling on facetime. I seem to be able to connect my Apple ID to both services, but even then it is not activating. Also, when i press add your phone number to imessage it keeps saying trying "verifying" no matter how many times i turn imessage on and off again, and therefore facetime. I have tried every single instruction i could find but it still doesnt work. What can i do? Is this a software problem? The phone is only 1 month old and it shouldnt have had any issues..

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 10:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 1:32 PM

If you have followed everything at If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support , especially waiting the 24 hours then your next step is to call or chat Apple further. Just click Contact Apple Support in the above link.

2 replies

Problem with activating iMessage and FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.