You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watch music

Hello I cannot hear music from my apple watch, how do i fix? i do not want it to play on my phone or airpods just straight from my watch.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 10:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 10:45 AM

You need Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to music or other audio on your Apple Watch.  I suspect you would be very disappointed with the sound quality of music from the watch's speaker. For more info, see:

Listen to music and podcasts on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 15, 2023 11:52 AM in response to smileyface713

Even if it was possible to listen to music from the teeny tiny speaker on Apple Watch (it's not possible, by the way), it would sound absolutely, positively horrible. The speaker is simply too tiny to provide sonic qualities which can play music with any realism. You will have to use Bluetooth speakers/headphones if you want to listen to music on your watch.

watch music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.