You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G option won't show up in settings for iPad Pro M2 2022 despite 5G plan

I have an iPad pro with cellular &wifi, M2 Chip 2022, but 5G option won't show up in settings for iPad Pro M2 2022 despite 5G plan.

The sim is 5G active and works fine on my iPhone as 5G.

After reading some blogs and posts it is mentioned by some that the carrier is responsible for this and needs to update or refresh their system for iPad 5G settings.?

Can any one help..?

This is my second attempt at asking the community without any results.

Thanks

PS: The iPad is already having the latest software.

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 6:22 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2023 2:40 PM in response to leonbakhan

Hi leonbakhan,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to access your 5G network with your iPad.

If you're not able to see 5G options in your iPad Settings, we'd suggest that you contact your carrier to ensure that your account is provisioned properly for your iPad to connect to their 5G network. You can learn more about connecting to a 5G network with your iPad here: Use 5G with your iPad - Apple Support

"If you don't see 5G in the status bar

1. Make sure that you’re in an area with 5G coverage. If you're not sure, contact your carrier.
  2. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options. If you don’t see this screen, make sure that your carrier supports 5G.

Shows the Data Roaming option

3. Turn on Airplane Mode, then turn it off.

4. If you still don't have 5G service, contact your carrier."

Take care!

5G option won't show up in settings for iPad Pro M2 2022 despite 5G plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.