You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 10.6.5 keeps crashing with AppKit exception

My FCP X is completely unusable, just opening a project makes it crash. I'm not exactly sure when it started, but it might be when I updated macOS to version 13.2. I attached the crash report and the EtreCheckPro report as it seems to be commonly asked around here.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 9:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 1:34 PM

There is an OS problem that affects FCP with complex structures. The first step is to make sure that the number of events and clips in them is not too high. Make sure each of the events has less than 300 items. Add more events to shift the load. This might help as a start.

My connection isn't allowing me to open the EtreCheck report.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2023 1:34 PM in response to benoit.rouleau

There is an OS problem that affects FCP with complex structures. The first step is to make sure that the number of events and clips in them is not too high. Make sure each of the events has less than 300 items. Add more events to shift the load. This might help as a start.

My connection isn't allowing me to open the EtreCheck report.

Feb 4, 2023 1:53 PM in response to benoit.rouleau

There are other issues you should address. It looks like you did a full migration to the new computer, rather just the user and a clean install. There's a lot of old, obsolete stuff on the system.

You have CleanMyMac installed, hopefully you haven't run it on that computer. If not, use App Cleaner  https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ to completely remove it.

Don't run Malwarebytes continuously.

Do a complete uninstall of Chrome and its keystone launch daemons. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95319?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.xpcservice.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.google.keystone.daemon.plist

Final Cut Pro 10.6.5 keeps crashing with AppKit exception

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.