You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers

How do I sum total separate columns of numbers

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 5:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 6:22 AM

Without a screenshot just guessing what you are trying to do, but you can do things like this:

Just select the columns (I selected one, held down the command key and selected the other) and drag the SUM token at the bottom of the Numbers window into a cell where you want the sum of the separate columns.

You can also select cells at the bottom of the columns and insert the SUM formula via the menu:

There are other ways too. If you are new to Numbers and you haven't already done so, be sure to go to Help > Numbers Help and have a look.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2023 6:22 AM in response to Shudi

Without a screenshot just guessing what you are trying to do, but you can do things like this:

Just select the columns (I selected one, held down the command key and selected the other) and drag the SUM token at the bottom of the Numbers window into a cell where you want the sum of the separate columns.

You can also select cells at the bottom of the columns and insert the SUM formula via the menu:

There are other ways too. If you are new to Numbers and you haven't already done so, be sure to go to Help > Numbers Help and have a look.

SG

Jan 29, 2023 6:48 AM in response to Shudi

Adding to what SG already posted.

you can use the function sum() which takes any number or arguments.

e.g.

sum(A1, Q2) will add the two cells A2 and Q2

sum(A, Q) will add ALL the cells in column A and Q

sum(B1:B10) will add all the cells between cells B1 and B10

sum(B1:B10, C3:Z3) will add all the cells between cells B1 and B10 and the cells C3 and Z3

sum(B1:B10, C3:Z3, R5) will add all the cells between cells B1 and B10 and the cells C3 and Z3 and cell R5

Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.