You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download old apps

My iPad mini2 won’t download the old versions of an app. I choose download old version and it gets almost fully downloaded then stops.

After my last iPad update the app stopped working??

please help

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 5:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:29 AM

I think I have seen something similar and it's could be that it is stopping because the old version is already on your device. I use a device with an older iOS and it invites me to download an older version, but in reality I am already running that version so the download stops.

Note that iOS 12 is fairly old and there are not many apps being updated for it. You will also find more apps may have problems interfacing with the services they offer. Old YouTube apps may not work, or may only work partly. The only solution in that case is to buy newer equipment.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2023 9:29 AM in response to Freddyis11

I think I have seen something similar and it's could be that it is stopping because the old version is already on your device. I use a device with an older iOS and it invites me to download an older version, but in reality I am already running that version so the download stops.

Note that iOS 12 is fairly old and there are not many apps being updated for it. You will also find more apps may have problems interfacing with the services they offer. Old YouTube apps may not work, or may only work partly. The only solution in that case is to buy newer equipment.

Download old apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.