You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FaceTime or iMessage won’t click on to use my phone number

FaceTime and iMessage only loads my phone number and wont let me click it on

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 11:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 11:51 PM

It is completely normal. It may take some time before the phone number is registered. I experienced the exact same thing yesterday when I updated to iOS 16.3. So my advice is, wait a bit.

You can also "restart" the process, do the following, go to:

Settings -> Messages -> disable iMessage

Then, go to:

Settings -> FaceTime -> disable FaceTime.

Turn off your iPhone, wait a bit, and turn it back on. Go back and enable iMessages and FaceTime and just wait - the number should register.

I also see that you have no bars in your signal strength. Is your SIM card connected and have you entered the PIN code so that the phone number is activated?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2023 11:51 PM in response to raull95

It is completely normal. It may take some time before the phone number is registered. I experienced the exact same thing yesterday when I updated to iOS 16.3. So my advice is, wait a bit.

You can also "restart" the process, do the following, go to:

Settings -> Messages -> disable iMessage

Then, go to:

Settings -> FaceTime -> disable FaceTime.

Turn off your iPhone, wait a bit, and turn it back on. Go back and enable iMessages and FaceTime and just wait - the number should register.

I also see that you have no bars in your signal strength. Is your SIM card connected and have you entered the PIN code so that the phone number is activated?

My FaceTime or iMessage won’t click on to use my phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.