You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My finder says my iPhone 14 device cannot be found?

Hi, so giving you all the background info to consider the factors. I have a Macbook Air 2020. My macOS is Ventura 13.0.1. I recently got the iPhone Pro 14 (I'm a new user). I wanted to connect my iPhone to upload music from my mac to my iPhone. I know that with my iPhone, I can access my music library through apple id with that app, and I did that, but it doesn't show all of my music. When I plugged in my device, both finder and music showed my iPhone "item could not be found." I heard recommendations about the cable connection, but my cable and devices are pretty new. I don't believe that could be the issue. Nor restarting both my devices. I tried it nothing changed. I have also noticed that when I try to pair my iPhone and computer through Bluetooth, my computer does show it registering the device. Please Help! The whole resason I transitioned to iPhone was for the synchronisation of all of my devices.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:44 PM

"My finder says my iPhone 14 device cannot be found?: Hi, so giving you all the background info to consider the factors. I have a Macbook Air 2020. My macOS is Ventura 13.0.1. I recently got the iPhone Pro 14 (I'm a new user). I wanted to connect my iPhone to upload music from my mac to my iPhone.[...]"

-------

If a Device is Not Detected:

Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another device sync. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2023 8:44 PM in response to gabriela-danielle

"My finder says my iPhone 14 device cannot be found?: Hi, so giving you all the background info to consider the factors. I have a Macbook Air 2020. My macOS is Ventura 13.0.1. I recently got the iPhone Pro 14 (I'm a new user). I wanted to connect my iPhone to upload music from my mac to my iPhone.[...]"

-------

If a Device is Not Detected:

Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another device sync. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

My finder says my iPhone 14 device cannot be found?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.