You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch pairing new phone issue

So I recently got a new phone and forgot to repair my watch but i no longer have my old phone. I was reading the posts about what to do but here’s the difference. My watch is still giving me notifications from text messages or calls but isn’t connecting my workouts to the health app. I tried to repair it by using the Apple watch app and clicking existing Apple Watch, but now that option is no longer there and im not sure how to pair the two now.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 7:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 3:02 AM

Did you mean you forgot to un-pair it?

First erase the Watch then set it up again.

You can erase the Apple Watch like this...

Press and hold the side button until you see the power button in the upper-

right corner of the display.

Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.

Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.

Wait for the process to finish, then if necessary set up your Apple Watch again. Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock if it has one, but if you use the same Apple ID on the new phone that is no problem..

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2023 3:02 AM in response to l_wright22

Did you mean you forgot to un-pair it?

First erase the Watch then set it up again.

You can erase the Apple Watch like this...

Press and hold the side button until you see the power button in the upper-

right corner of the display.

Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.

Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.

Wait for the process to finish, then if necessary set up your Apple Watch again. Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock if it has one, but if you use the same Apple ID on the new phone that is no problem..

Apple Watch pairing new phone issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.