You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs disappear in 'View Songs' Mode

Every now and then, the songs in my playlist disappear - maybe some strange combination of keys I pressed by mistake? I can change the View mode to 'Playlist' and there the songs are again. And I can flip this back and forth: they disappear in Songs view, re-appear in Playlist view

Also, at one point I pressed 'close window' absentmindedly or by mistake. It closed, but I can find no way to get it back. Opening the possible options by clicking iTunes on the task bar show lots of options but none to re-open the window.

I can fix all this be re-booting the PC, but I never know when it's going to rise up and bite me again.

Finally, my iTunes is pinned to the task bar. And I can't find the iTunes app itself anywhere on my hard drive. What will happen if I un-pin it?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I clicked "laptop" but it's not about my Dell laptop but about an HP laptop that I don't own but must maintain for a dancing group that I'm president of. Also, I see iTunes for Mac in the choices below... this is actually about iTunes for PC.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:38 AM

If you installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store then it is a 'modern app' which is hidden away from prying eyes.

If you unpin it from the task bar you lose the icon there to launch it when it is closed. That won't add or remove a desktop icon.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 25, 2023 5:40 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks, turingtest2. That appears to have fixed it, at least for now. Time will tell if it rises to bite me again later. What happened was it acted like it was going to re-install iTunes, asked me questions like what things I'd like to block or turn off, then when I said go ahead... nothing. No whirling circle to say "working", nothing. I was able to load it, and switch back and forth from Playlist to Songs view with no problem. But we'll see what happens later.

Further questions if you don't mind:

• What will I happen if I un-pin it from the task bar? Will it simply revert to an icon on the desktop?
  • Is there never an executable on the disk that we're allowed to see? On the PC (which is what I have) these generally end in the letters ".exe"

Thanks!

Songs disappear in 'View Songs' Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.