You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DOT to COMMA on magic keyboard with numeric

Hello!

I know this is an old question, still none of few answers I found works, can someone tell me please? - Hi! I have a bluetooth magic keyboard with numeric pad and I would like to change the dot to comma. Where should I do it? I have changed the dot to comma in the advanced of the language settings for all languages I use but the keyboard still writes dot. also changed the region in Numbers. Looked everywhere.

P.S. keyboard is international + russian.

It is such a neccessary thing so sad that apple still havent solved this.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 11:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:47 AM

The icon on the menu is the third from the left in this screenshot. Click it and you should be able to choose which keyboard to use. Hopefully it is the same in Ventura. I don't know what all got changed, I haven't upgraded yet.

Similar questions

14 replies

Jan 20, 2023 12:53 PM in response to agnija

Try System Preferences/Keyboard. I do not have a magic keyboard with a numeric keypad to test with but this works for my wired apple keyboard with the keypad

If you check the box for "show in menu bar", you can switch between keyboards. When I switch to Russian-PC, the dot on my numeric keypad on my wired keyboard is a comma

Jan 20, 2023 2:08 PM in response to Badunit

Thank you Badunit for your efforts!

Now System Preferences is called System Settings I guess. The layout is also different. The closest I found was under Keyboard where net to Touch Bar settings are button Keyboard shortcuts, there, last one is Modifier Keys and then under Select Kayboard I could choose Apple Keyboard or Magic Keyboard with touch ID and Numeric Keypad, but even If I press Done, it never save my choice Magic Keyboard and there is no place where to set any key, what could be related to dot or comma, I looked everywhere and wasted so much time. Box "Show Input meny" was also checked. Only under General - Language & Region there I can change 1 234 567,89 to 1,234,567.89 and back but nothing changes in Numbers or any other place I wrote with that, it is still dot.

Jan 20, 2023 4:58 PM in response to agnija

agnija wrote:

Now System Preferences is called System Settings I guess. The layout is also different.

Yes indeed! Big changes. Now looks a lot like iOS/iPadOS. As you've probably discovered, search is most helpful for finding things in System Settings in Ventura. Search for 'input' and pick any of the offered locations with 'Keyboard'.

On my system Keyboard looks like this:

To add Russian I would click the + at the lower left.

SG

Jan 21, 2023 5:46 AM in response to agnija

agnija wrote:

To what under exactly Input menu is

Not sure whether you saw my post above about just searching for 'input' in System Settings.

Another way to get to the right place is to click Keyboard in the section list down the left and click the Edit... button to the right of Input Sources.

Taking you to this, where you click the + button lower left to add Russian.

SG

Jan 21, 2023 6:00 AM in response to Badunit

oh wow!

it really works with Russian now. Although I have russian lettters then and I have to switch between number sand letters, but at least it is comma finally. So does't it mean is I have INT + RU keyboard I can have comma only with russian letters even tho I have choosed only comma as a decimal seperator?

DOT to COMMA on magic keyboard with numeric

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.