You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone is connected to WiFi with internet but connection says No Internet Connection

iPhone XR iOS 16.2 Asus RT-AC86U Router. I have reset network settings, applied the latest firmware to the router, and rebooted everything but the phone has been for many months now saying that my wifi connection has no internet connection. This is despite the fact that it does have a fast connection. I have put it in airplane mode to confirm that it is only using wifi but the issue persists.

"No Internet Connection

If this is your Wi-Fi network, try restarting the router, or contact your ISP."

I also have a work Galaxy phone that is connected to the same wifi network and it does not complain about no internet connection. Either does any other device on my network.

Has anyone else got this issue or found out why it says this and how to fix it?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 3:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 10:56 AM

I'm having the same problem since I updated my iPhone. It connects to wifi but no internet connection. My wife's updated iPhone is doing the same thing. Our daughters un-updated phone is fine. Also, all three computers are connecting to wifi and the internet just fine. I've tried restarting my iPhone, toggling in and out of airplane mode, forgetting wifi network, and none of those things work. This is clearly a software issue with Apple.

If you have any suggestions, then I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2023 10:56 AM in response to goilala

I'm having the same problem since I updated my iPhone. It connects to wifi but no internet connection. My wife's updated iPhone is doing the same thing. Our daughters un-updated phone is fine. Also, all three computers are connecting to wifi and the internet just fine. I've tried restarting my iPhone, toggling in and out of airplane mode, forgetting wifi network, and none of those things work. This is clearly a software issue with Apple.

If you have any suggestions, then I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Jan 19, 2023 7:37 AM in response to Lager1

Hello. That is not my issue. I mentioned that I have good Wifi internet connections on all my apple devices but all the iPhones have this same message regarding the Wifi connection. They all get extremely good internet connection via the wifi. They just REPORT that they are not connected to the internet. That is the issue. And I have already reset the phone networking and restarted all devices, updated the firmware on the router etc. So this

Jan 19, 2023 7:31 AM in response to goilala

Hi goilala,

The following steps address what you're describing specifically, and may provide a solution:

• "If you're connected to a Wi-Fi network but you can’t get online, try to use your Wi-Fi network on other devices. If you can't get online using your other devices, there might be a service outage. Call your cable company or internet provider for help.
  • Try connecting to a Wi-Fi network in a different location. If your device can connect, you need to get help with your Wi-Fi network. If your device can't connect to any Wi-Fi networks, contact Apple.
  • Update your Wi-Fi router with the latest firmware and make sure that the router supports your Apple product. For more information, contact the router's manufacturer."

You can find these steps along with other information that may be helpful, here: If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

This resource may provide further guidance on adjusting the router: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

We also recommend restarting your device and keeping it updated as those steps assure you have cleared out any minor software issues and are running the most current version.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you still have questions, reach out to Apple Support directly, as this may require closer guidance: Get Support

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2023 4:41 PM in response to mario49

There is nothing wrong with my wifi or router settings. It has been functioning for years with no issues and no changes made. It is something to do with iOS that causes this. I even have the wireless diagnostics running on my mac and no issues. No issues on any device except this erroneous reporting from the iPhones. That is, all wifi working as expected with internet. It is just that all the iPhones say that they have no internet connection on the connected wifi but they actually do have normal internet wifi connections. I don't see how wasting hours of my time with apple support will help with this. Every other device is just fine, including MacBooks and Mac computers and Apple TV and all the Samsung phones, etc.

Iphone is connected to WiFi with internet but connection says No Internet Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.