You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot continue the download dmg files

I am downloading a dmg file from safari, and then after the web download it cannot continue it just says "This type of OS X 10.quick cannot install on this device." So what can/should I do?

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 4:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 4:47 AM

To perform this action will require booting from a Bootable Installer

The Bootable Installer can Only be performed on an Apple Computer 

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer. Example : Bootable Installer of El Capitan would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run El Capitan.

OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications

Notation: If the computer being used to perform this action is Too New or Too Old to qualify to run the version of macOS - this computer can not be used.

Alternative is, to gain access to a Qualifying Apple Computer from a family member, friend or associate.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2023 4:47 AM in response to r0mpan

To perform this action will require booting from a Bootable Installer

The Bootable Installer can Only be performed on an Apple Computer 

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer. Example : Bootable Installer of El Capitan would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run El Capitan.

OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications

Notation: If the computer being used to perform this action is Too New or Too Old to qualify to run the version of macOS - this computer can not be used.

Alternative is, to gain access to a Qualifying Apple Computer from a family member, friend or associate.

Jan 14, 2023 4:46 AM in response to r0mpan

r0mpan wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c43bb271-d93e-43d8-9139-8fb7a03c67f6
I am downloading a dmg file from safari, and then after the web download it cannot continue it just says "This type of OS X 10.quick cannot install on this device." So what can/should I do?

Does not sound compatible.

Paint a bigger picture of what you are trying to accomplish...

ref: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

I cannot continue the download dmg files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.