You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS battery draining way too fast on ios 16.2

I bought an iphone xs in november 2022 and the battery lasted ok with ios 15.7, but when i upgraded to ios 16 the battery was draining with like 50% faster. Yesterday i resetted all settings because i thought i had a setting turned on that was draining my battery. Today, i had my phone at 60 at 09:25 and after EXACTLY five minutes (09:30)the battery dropped to 49% WITHOUT EVEN USING IT!!!

I also dont have widgets and background app refresh is turned on. Whats happening?!??

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 3:24 AM

15 replies

Jan 13, 2023 4:22 AM in response to DeependraHada

DeependraHada wrote: "Same with me.I own 11promax..."

DeependraHada ~ "Battery drain" issues are better assessed individually on a case-by-case basis. So I suggest you start a new thread so that you can provide details specific to your device. This will allow the original poster's issue to be assessed more clearly.

Find answers and ask questions in ASC

õ¿õ¬

Jan 13, 2023 4:37 AM in response to dariusescu

dariusescu wrote: "my battery health is at 98%"

And, again, go to Settings > General > About

...Below 'Serial Number' there, does it say anything about the battery?

Such a high 98% capacity in an XS implies the battery may not be the original one. Do you know whether the battery has been replaced? ...If so, was it replaced by a qualified technician using a genuine iPhone battery?...

About genuine iPhone batteries

Repair Provider Verification - Official Apple Support

õ¿õ¬

Jan 13, 2023 1:46 PM in response to dariusescu

dariusescu wrote: "i got the iphone from a website that refurbishes phones which is flip.ro and when i fill with flip.ro it doesnt show anything"

And, unless I overlooked it, Apple doesn't show flip.ro here:

87 iPhone sales locations near Bucharest, Romania

I was going to suggest a restore to factory settings, but you wrote: "Yesterday i resetted all settings" – so I can only suggest Apple's Service & Support here:

Find Locations - Apple

õ¿õ¬

iPhone XS battery draining way too fast on ios 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.