You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I not swap my Apple Watch up or down when I have notifications or find how to ping it?

When I’m on the face cream on the home screen of my Apple Watch, I’m unable to swipe up or down to see notifications and to find the other section when you usually swipe up, you’re able to see where to ping it or put it on silent

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 5:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Try doing a hard restart:

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 12, 2023 5:36 AM in response to janna106

Is this watch new to you and you're learning it or have you had it for a while and now you're not able to do these actions?

If it's new to you:

Are you starting your swipe at the extreme top or bottom of the screen?

Try starting your swipe with the tip of your finger hanging over the edge of then swipe down.

If it's not new to you and it's something that you've always been able to do but can't now:

Does the screen respond to touches or taps anywhere? If not, I'd recommend that you update it to a later model; the Series 3 are nearing their 'end of life'. The current model is Series 8.

Why can I not swap my Apple Watch up or down when I have notifications or find how to ping it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.