You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email headers not disappearing on Mac mail

Upgraded to Ventura 13.01 and Mail 16.0. Ever since I get the random problem that after I highlite an email header in the main window and click the delete button, the header line stays black (not grey as "read") and is still in the main window. When I look up at the "delete" icon it now says "undelete". I followed others suggestions to Force Quit the app and the. re-open with the shift button down. The problem went way for about 1 hr and is now back again.

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 5:28 AM

Confusedanddazed415 wrote:

Upgraded to Ventura 13.01 and Mail 16.0. Ever since I get the random problem that after I highlite an email header in the main window and click the delete button, the header line stays black (not grey as "read") and is still in the main window. When I look up at the "delete" icon it now says "undelete". I followed others suggestions to Force Quit the app and the. re-open with the shift button down. The problem went way for about 1 hr and is now back again.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1 -I would start there.

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 5:28 AM in response to Confusedanddazed415

Confusedanddazed415 wrote:

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1 -I would start there.

email headers not disappearing on Mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.