You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Temperature while running daw

Hi, i’m Leo i’ve bought a macbook 2017 a few month ago and i download the new macOS Ventura and when I run my software ( ableton live) the pc run overathing. It’s a problem of ventura ora my mac it’s too old for run ventura and ableton without being hot?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 5:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:23 AM

My guess is that you are stretching the limits of your machine. Based on the specs you gave, it looks like you are working on a MacBook Pro 15" 2017 model. If so, you should have enough processing power with your i7 to run Ableton Live, which can run on an i5.

That said, Ableton is a seriously CPU intensive application, and you are running Ventura on the earliest model machine that it is available for (that is, Ventura will not run on a MacBook older than the 2017 models).

Given this, it is likely that, as you suggested, you are testing your machine's outer limits by running OS 13 Ventura and Ableton Live. When I ran Ableton on my 2016 MacBook Pro, it would get mighty hot, and that was with a far earlier version of MacOS (OSX either High Sierra or Mojave, can't remember which anymore). It never fully overheated, but it would be uncomfortably hot.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2023 6:23 AM in response to Leonardo987

My guess is that you are stretching the limits of your machine. Based on the specs you gave, it looks like you are working on a MacBook Pro 15" 2017 model. If so, you should have enough processing power with your i7 to run Ableton Live, which can run on an i5.

That said, Ableton is a seriously CPU intensive application, and you are running Ventura on the earliest model machine that it is available for (that is, Ventura will not run on a MacBook older than the 2017 models).

Given this, it is likely that, as you suggested, you are testing your machine's outer limits by running OS 13 Ventura and Ableton Live. When I ran Ableton on my 2016 MacBook Pro, it would get mighty hot, and that was with a far earlier version of MacOS (OSX either High Sierra or Mojave, can't remember which anymore). It never fully overheated, but it would be uncomfortably hot.

Temperature while running daw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.