You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I unblocked a contact but can't text them.

I unblocked 3 contacts yesterday but my texts do not go through. I'm not blocked on their phones, but my messages do not say delivered. I'm getting their texts though. I've tried deleting past conversations and re-adding them to my contacts, I've tried resetting my phone too. I went through all my blocked lists in my settings and that didn't help either. I've read just about every single article and FAQ post to no avail. The messages do not deliver. I don't know what to do at this point.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 3:54 PM

Thanks for reaching out Umbreonicorn,

It sounds like you're having trouble reaching out to some contacts you recently unblocked. We can help.

Keep in mind that blocking phone numbers from making calls and making messages are handled differently. Check out Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Manage your blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails

To see the phone numbers, contacts, and email addresses that you've blocked from Phone, FaceTime, Messages, or Mail:

Phone
1. Go to Settings > Phone and tap Blocked Contacts to see the list.
2. FaceTime
3. Go to Settings > FaceTime. Under Calls, tap Blocked Contacts.
1. Go to Settings > Messages. Under SMS/MMS, tap Blocked Contacts.
2. Mail 
3. Go to Settings > Mail. Under Threading, tap Blocked.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2023 3:54 PM in response to Umbreonicorn

Thanks for reaching out Umbreonicorn,

It sounds like you're having trouble reaching out to some contacts you recently unblocked. We can help.

Keep in mind that blocking phone numbers from making calls and making messages are handled differently. Check out Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Manage your blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails

To see the phone numbers, contacts, and email addresses that you've blocked from Phone, FaceTime, Messages, or Mail:

Phone
1. Go to Settings > Phone and tap Blocked Contacts to see the list.
2. FaceTime
3. Go to Settings > FaceTime. Under Calls, tap Blocked Contacts.
1. Go to Settings > Messages. Under SMS/MMS, tap Blocked Contacts.
2. Mail 
3. Go to Settings > Mail. Under Threading, tap Blocked.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

I unblocked a contact but can't text them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.