You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

editing birthdays on iPhone

I want to edit and/or delete some info on my birthdays calendar. I searched this site and it was recommended to go into contacts to do so but the birthday is not included in the contact info. Now what do I do?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 10:01 AM

5 replies

Jan 4, 2023 1:34 PM in response to catanddogmom

Hello catanddogmom,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're on the right track for editing and updating birthdays. Use the guidance below which is from Edit contacts on iPhone.

"In the Contacts app, assign a photo to a contact, add a pronunciation, change a label, add a birthday, and more to your contacts.

1. Tap a contact, then tap Edit.
  2. Enter or update their contact information.
  3. When you’re finished, tap Done."

When you tap edit for step 1, you should then be able to scroll down to see 'Add Birthday' which will allow you to enter the birthday of your contact.

Best of luck.

Jan 5, 2023 8:55 AM in response to catanddogmom

Hello catanddogmom,

To make sure we're on the same page, are you not seeing an 'add birthday' option in the Contacts app for this contact at all, or are the associated birthdays that you see in Calendar not listed in the contact information?

If you're not seeing the associated birthday in the contact, these birthdays may be syncing from elsewhere, such as a social media network. As an isolation step, let's disable the Birthdays calendar using the steps in Set up multiple calendars on iPhone.

1. Tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen
  2. Tap the check icon next to 'Birthdays'

When you do this, if the incorrect birthdays you saw remain within Calendars, this means the events are syncing from somewhere other than the information stored in your contacts.

Let us know what you find.

Regards.

Jan 6, 2023 12:22 PM in response to catanddogmom

Hello catanddogmom,

Welcome back to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help isolate the source of the issue.

Next, go to Settings  > Contacts > Accounts, to see what other accounts you are using. This will help us isolate if the birthdays are showing from one of your other accounts.

This Apple Support page has the full details and more steps: Use other contact accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

We hope this helps to further isolate and resolve what you're seeing.

Cheers!

editing birthdays on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.