You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son has an apple watch for about 4 years now and would like to change the band. We have tried everything we can to clean and release the old band, but nothing has worked. Do you have any suggestions or advice?

How do I remove an apple watch band that has been on the watch for 4 years? I have cleaned and tried to move the band several times with no success.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 10:54 AM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2023 3:36 AM in response to 2mudboys

If the band doesn't disengage then this will need to be looked at by an Apple Store or Authorised Repair Provider. Apples current policy for bands not disengaging is to replace the watch and band together. This is subject to the warranty status so is likely to be chargeable as out of warranty given the length of time you've had the watch.

My son has an apple watch for about 4 years now and would like to change the band. We have tried everything we can to clean and release the old band, but nothing has worked. Do you have any suggestions or advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.