You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple watch 6 no longer unlock my iMac after installing Monterey 12.6.2

My apple watch s.6 will not unlock my iMac after installing Monterey 12.6.2

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 7:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 8:34 AM

Hello and welcome to the community 🤗

If you can’t unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch

• If the option is on but the option off and then on. (This will maybe resolve the problem)

• Made sure that the connection between your Mac and Apple Watch is good (to see that when you unlock your Mac you well see a message) If the connection is not good made sure that your iPhone, Apple Watch and your Mac are near.

• Made sure that you unlock your Mac one time after restarting. (You well see a message that you need to unlock your Mac to activate this option)

Made sure your Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch are updated

• You can also watch this video :

Restart your Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch

For more help or questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 8:34 AM in response to BillysworlD

Hello and welcome to the community 🤗

If you can’t unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch

• If the option is on but the option off and then on. (This will maybe resolve the problem)

• Made sure that the connection between your Mac and Apple Watch is good (to see that when you unlock your Mac you well see a message) If the connection is not good made sure that your iPhone, Apple Watch and your Mac are near.

• Made sure that you unlock your Mac one time after restarting. (You well see a message that you need to unlock your Mac to activate this option)

Made sure your Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch are updated

Restart your Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch

For more help or questions

my apple watch 6 no longer unlock my iMac after installing Monterey 12.6.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.