You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ear tips will not click onto my airpods pro

Why will my tips not click onto my airpod pro?

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 1:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 6:05 PM

Hey there dillonba,

If you are having an issue getting the AirPods ear tips to click into place, we can recommend cleaning the AirPods and the ear tips to ensure no debris is blocking them. You can follow the below guidance from the Apple Support article on cleaning your Apple head and earphones, How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support:

Clean the ear tips of your AirPods Pro

1. If any water has accumulated in the ear tip, tap the AirPod on a soft, dry, lint-free cloth with the ear tip opening facing downward to remove.
2. Pull off the ear tips from each AirPod and rinse the ear tips with water. Don't use soap or other household cleaners.
3. Wipe the ear tips with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Make sure that the ear tips are completely dry before reattaching to each AirPod.
4. Click the ear tips back on each AirPod. The ear tips are oval shaped, so make sure that you align them before you click them back on.

If you still have trouble after that, we can recommend having the AirPods Pro and ear tips examined in person at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. A Genius or Apple-certified technician will be able to look at the AirPods Pro and ear tips to ensure there is nothing wrong with them physically. You can find your nearest location, get contact information, and set reservations here: Apple - Find Locations.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2022 6:05 PM in response to dillonba

Hey there dillonba,

If you are having an issue getting the AirPods ear tips to click into place, we can recommend cleaning the AirPods and the ear tips to ensure no debris is blocking them. You can follow the below guidance from the Apple Support article on cleaning your Apple head and earphones, How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support:

Clean the ear tips of your AirPods Pro

1. If any water has accumulated in the ear tip, tap the AirPod on a soft, dry, lint-free cloth with the ear tip opening facing downward to remove.
2. Pull off the ear tips from each AirPod and rinse the ear tips with water. Don't use soap or other household cleaners.
3. Wipe the ear tips with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Make sure that the ear tips are completely dry before reattaching to each AirPod.
4. Click the ear tips back on each AirPod. The ear tips are oval shaped, so make sure that you align them before you click them back on.

If you still have trouble after that, we can recommend having the AirPods Pro and ear tips examined in person at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. A Genius or Apple-certified technician will be able to look at the AirPods Pro and ear tips to ensure there is nothing wrong with them physically. You can find your nearest location, get contact information, and set reservations here: Apple - Find Locations.

Have a wonderful weekend.

my ear tips will not click onto my airpods pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.