You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support for Facetime of UAE iPhones in India

Hey everyone

I'm planning to buy an iPhone 14 Pro from Dubai, UAE which will be activated and used in India. This is due to the obvious huge price difference. However, I've heard that iPhones purchased in UAE do not have Facetime. Some others have reported that if you activate your iPhone outside UAE then the Facetime will work on the same device.

So, if you have had a similar experience, kindly share the feedback on Facetime availability for your device. Any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 6:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 8:15 AM

Hello tommyvercaty,

We'd highly encourage you to purchase the iPhone within the region you plan to use it. Not only will FaceTime be a concern but there are other factors to consider, as well. For example, seeking service outside of the original country of purchase may result in the inability to repair the product (even if the warranty may be valid in another regions), due to the lack of part availability.

See the following on feature availability: iOS and iPadOS 16 Feature Availability

Contact Apple Sales for assistance: Apple Store

Wishing you well, take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 29, 2022 8:15 AM in response to tommyvercaty

Hello tommyvercaty,

We'd highly encourage you to purchase the iPhone within the region you plan to use it. Not only will FaceTime be a concern but there are other factors to consider, as well. For example, seeking service outside of the original country of purchase may result in the inability to repair the product (even if the warranty may be valid in another regions), due to the lack of part availability.

See the following on feature availability: iOS and iPadOS 16 Feature Availability

Contact Apple Sales for assistance: Apple Store

Wishing you well, take care.

Dec 30, 2022 5:38 AM in response to destiny241

Hello, thanks for the quick response and I really appreciate you taking out the time. However, warranty is not my concern for now. The price difference is HUGE in both the regions.

If you have any experience in the matter then can you please tell me that if I buy the iPhone from UAE, bring it straight to India and activate it here, will the FaceTime app work for me?

Support for Facetime of UAE iPhones in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.