You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NO settings app in library!

I loaded a widget, and it deleted many apps off my phone, including in the library. If I went into the App Store and opened it up, it would then reappear in the library. But if I go into the App Store, there is no settings app for me to return it to the library. How do I get the Settings app back into my library and on my IPhone SE 2020??

iPhone SE, 16

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 1:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:20 PM

Hi ReiredMN,

We'd like to help you find the best solution for adding Settings back to either your App Library or on your Home Screen. You have the ability to use Search via the steps in Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After searching for Settings the App will appear here and you can press and hold to drag where you need it. If this does not work, this would indicate something is not working as intended, and you'll want to reach out to Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2022 3:20 PM in response to ReiredMN

Hi ReiredMN,

We'd like to help you find the best solution for adding Settings back to either your App Library or on your Home Screen. You have the ability to use Search via the steps in Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After searching for Settings the App will appear here and you can press and hold to drag where you need it. If this does not work, this would indicate something is not working as intended, and you'll want to reach out to Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Dec 28, 2022 3:31 PM in response to ReiredMN

Thank you, this suggestion did work. The search in the library initially did not work but the search in Spotlite did work. The problem was that the app did not initially show up but situations where I had used the Settings app showed up. I clicked on them and then the app reappeared. I reported the app that causes problem to Apple and contacted the app developer directly to prevent the same thing happening to others.

NO settings app in library!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.