You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 - Right Speaker Problem (metallic, distortion) sound

Good night everyone 👋🏻

I recently bought a MacBook and noticed that the speaker on the right side is different from the left, one has more bass (left) than the other, the one on the right makes kind of "metallic" noise in certain songs and sounds, the one on the left it also does but very very little….

In the link you will be able to see a video of an example of the song Lovely - Billie Eilish in the MacBook Air m1.

I don't think it's normal, but I wanted some opinions.

Thank you 😊

Ps: I tried my best to wrote in English, I’m Portuguese.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 1:03 PM

1 reply

Dec 27, 2022 3:32 PM in response to sousaapple

Your english is fine. English is the only language I know but I still have problems with it so don't feel bad.

I'm assuming your MacBook was purchase at an Apple authorized reseller or Apple Store. Rather than have someone on the internet try and diagnose the problem I suggest you have it examined by the seller, an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or at an Apple Store.

MacBook Air M1 - Right Speaker Problem (metallic, distortion) sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.