You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center - won't stay disabled

Wondering if anybody had such issue, because it's getting really annoying recently. I have disabled game center in settings (the only option that I have in game center setting now is to enable it back). And even though it's disabled:

a) It asks me to log in every time I open a game (crypt of the necrodancer amplified)

b) from time to time logs me back in automatically which means losing my game save (after disabling game center again it reverts to my old save file)

But there is more - sometimes when I disable game center the pop up to log in goes away for few days or so, just to be back after some time.

Issues are present for couple of months now, hard to tell when exactly did this start, could be around time I've upgraded to ios 16, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using ip11 with newest iOS (16.2). Game wasn't updated for 2 years according to appstore so I don't think the game itself is causing issues.

I just don't want to use this and want it to remain disabled entirely. Is there some setting that I've missed, or is it a bug in iOS and setting to disable game center simply isn't working?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 6:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 10:40 AM

If you've not yet, check/recheck in the game itself. There might be a setting to communicate with Game Center. Might've been turned on, unbeknownst to you.

Found this old thread with the above suggestion and others, including convoluted ones, that worked for some:

How do I disable game center in iOS 14 - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2022 10:40 AM in response to desf15

If you've not yet, check/recheck in the game itself. There might be a setting to communicate with Game Center. Might've been turned on, unbeknownst to you.

Found this old thread with the above suggestion and others, including convoluted ones, that worked for some:

How do I disable game center in iOS 14 - Apple Community

Game Center - won't stay disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.