You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't open links in my email

Since I did the latest update I cannot any longer open links in my email that were at one time able to be opened. These are trusted and well used sites that I use to be able to open their links. Does anyone have any solutions?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 9:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 8:39 PM

So I was having this issue too, and none of what I could find online helped. The update system and closing and reopening and all that jazz. Some how my pop up blocker sitting got turned to do not allow at all. So corrected that and now it works. I changed it under Safari- Settings- website on the top-scroll down to pop up windows- at the bottom is where it says "when visiting other sites" and I selected allow. Now its back to normal for me.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2023 8:39 PM in response to zodog

So I was having this issue too, and none of what I could find online helped. The update system and closing and reopening and all that jazz. Some how my pop up blocker sitting got turned to do not allow at all. So corrected that and now it works. I changed it under Safari- Settings- website on the top-scroll down to pop up windows- at the bottom is where it says "when visiting other sites" and I selected allow. Now its back to normal for me.

Jan 19, 2023 3:34 AM in response to zodog

As I understand this and reading between the lines.

The Link received in an e-mail is received.

The user attempts to click on the URL ( link ) and may receive a ensure message like " Error 10673 "

Am I right so far ? If yes and refer to this link to compare your issue with Others in that link.

can't open links in my email - Apple Community

The issue appears that the Default Browser in Ventura needs to be set to Safari, the Native Browse

That or use the Right Click on the url ( link )

This should present a Sub Menu >> Open With >> and choose the Other Browser installed and used on this computer

Refer to image below

Dec 20, 2022 12:15 PM in response to zodog

Hi zodog,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with links working when you're in your email. We'd like to help.

Are you opening the emails in the Mail application? If you have more than one email added to your Mail app, does this issue happen with all of them or just a specific one? If you open your email in webmail, do you see the same thing happening while in Safari? Finally, do you get any error messages when trying to open these links? Knowing these answers can help us isolate this issue a bit more.

In the meantime, these steps may be able to help:

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected
If Safari isn't working as you expect, one of these solutions might help.

These solutions are for issues that affect Safari on Mac, including issues such as these:

* A webpage is blank, doesn't show all of its content, or doesn't work as expected
* You can't sign in to a webpage, despite using the correct sign-in information
* A webpage asks you to remove or reset cookies
* Safari slows down or stops responding
Solutions for Safari on iPhone and iPad are also available.

Reload the page
To reload a page, choose View > Reload Page, or press Command-R. If you can't reload, make sure that you're connected to the internet.
If you still can't reload:
1. Press Command-Q to quit Safari. If Safari doesn't quit, press Option-Command-Esc to force Safari to quit.
2. Open Safari again and try to load the page. When Safari opens, if it automatically opens pages that you don't want to open, quit Safari again, then press and hold the Shift key while opening Safari. 

Check Safari extensions
If you installed any Safari extensions, make sure that they are up to date.

You can also try turning extensions off. From the menu bar in Safari, choose Safari > Settings (or Preferences). Click Extensions, then deselect the checkbox for each extension to turn it off. Learn more about Safari extensions

Check Safari settings
The webpage might not be compatible with one or more browser settings, which you can turn on or off as needed. From the menu bar in Safari, choose Safari > Settings (or Preferences). Then click Websites, Privacy, or Security to access these settings:
* Websites settings. These settings can be configured for specific websites.
* Privacy settings. These settings apply to all websites.
* Security settings. These settings apply to all websites. 

Test with a private window 
A website can store cookies, caches, and other data on your Mac, and issues with that data can affect your use of the website. To prevent the website from using that data, view it in a private window. From the menu bar in Safari, choose File > New Private Window, or press Shift-Command-N.

If that works, use the following steps to remove the website's data, including its caches and cookies. The website can then create new data as needed. If it's a website that you sign in to, make sure that you know your sign-in information before continuing.

1. Choose Safari > Settings (or Preferences), then click Privacy.
2. Click Manage Website Data.
3. Select the affected website from the list shown.
4. Click Remove.
5. Click Done.
6. Open the website again in a non-private browser window.

Install software updates
Install all available Apple software updates, which can include updates for Safari.

Check VPN or other security software
If you installed VPN or other software that monitors or interacts with your network connections, that software could affect your use of the website or the internet. Learn about network issues related to VPN and other software

Check network settings
Certain network settings, such as those related to using a proxy server or custom DNS server, can affect access to content on the internet. Even if you haven't changed your network settings, you might have installed software that changed those settings for you.

To find out whether the issue is with the network settings on your Mac, try viewing the website from some other device connected to the same network.

To find out whether the issue is with your network itself, try viewing the website after connecting to a different network.

Let us know if that helps.

Take care!

Jan 19, 2023 7:48 AM in response to a_hart33

Technically my earlier reply was to the " Author " which makes that person the " Owner " of this question.

Chipping in on a exiting question is fine and do not get this wrong please.

Late arrivals are welcome to join in but if they have s similar question, it is usually best to Open your Own New Question with all the details related to the issue.

In that way, your issue appearing here is not Lost or Ignored altogether

There are plenty of very willing Contributor read to offer specific suggestion and solution related to your computer situation

Incase addition information on Creating a New Question is needed.

Refer to link below

Find answers and ask questions in Apple Support Communities - Apple Support

can't open links in my email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.