You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fix for apple watch SE not tracking sleep if I skip alarm

Sometimes I wake up before my alarm after sleeping for 6+ hours with sleep turned on.

If I then skip my alarm, my apple watch shows no sleep data collected.

How do I fix this and recover the sleep data from those nights?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 4:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 5:53 PM

Hi Gena_D

My issue is not with the setup, nor with viewing my sleep history. I have been viewing my sleep history successfully for months, with a few exceptions.

My issue is the exceptions. When I wake up before my alarm in the morning and turn off the alarm or skip it before it has gone off, then my watch will not show any sleep data.

At that time the data has already been recorded, so there's no reason why the watch wouldn't simply register my night of sleep as having ended when I skipped the alarm.

I want to be able to wake up in the morning before my alarm, turn the alarm off, and still have my sleep data tracked.

Can you tell me how I can do that?

Thanks,

Corwin

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2022 5:53 PM in response to Gena_D

Hi Gena_D

My issue is not with the setup, nor with viewing my sleep history. I have been viewing my sleep history successfully for months, with a few exceptions.

My issue is the exceptions. When I wake up before my alarm in the morning and turn off the alarm or skip it before it has gone off, then my watch will not show any sleep data.

At that time the data has already been recorded, so there's no reason why the watch wouldn't simply register my night of sleep as having ended when I skipped the alarm.

I want to be able to wake up in the morning before my alarm, turn the alarm off, and still have my sleep data tracked.

Can you tell me how I can do that?

Thanks,

Corwin

Dec 20, 2022 9:51 AM in response to corwinduncan

Hello corwinduncan,

To start off with, this article breaks down sleep tracking on your watch: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone. Make sure everything is set up as described in this article.

In addition, this article give a bit more information including viewing your stored data: Track your sleep with Apple Watch. It explains:

"View your recent sleep history

1. Open the Sleep app  on your Apple Watch.
  2. Scroll down to see the amount of sleep you got the night before, the time spent in each sleep stage, and your sleep average over the last 14 days.

To see your sleep history on iPhone, open the Health app on iPhone, tap Browse, then tap Sleep. For more details—the average time you spent in each sleep stage, for example—tap Show More Sleep Data."

If everything is set up right and you are still unable to view your sleep history, please let us know and we can investigate further. Take care.

Dec 20, 2022 6:01 PM in response to corwinduncan

Hello corwinduncan,

While you can't see it when you turn off the alarm, see if it's still in the Health app.

View your sleep history in Health on iPhone - Apple Support

If it is, then that's the only way to review it if you wake up before the alarm.

If it isn't, then please contact Apple Support, as it should be tracking it still.

Contact Apple Support.

Thanks.

Fix for apple watch SE not tracking sleep if I skip alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.