You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t renew my ICloud+ subscription

When I try to renew my subscription for iCloud+, it uses the card I don’t have money on which is the one I last used to pay for it, instead of using the one I do have money on which is my apple balance that I want to use.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 6:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 1:04 PM

Even when the renewal is canceled, subscriptions still run until the current term expires. When yours expires you should then be able to remove the payment method. If you must have it end now you will need to contact Apple: Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

3 replies

Dec 17, 2022 8:17 AM in response to chr1stmastree69

Apple requiring a payment method such as a credit or debit card is not an uncommon observation. Some possible reasons are outlined in the links below such as outstanding balance, an issue with a payment method you have currently entered, or ongoing subscriptions.

If you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID - Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

- If you have any active subscriptions, you must have at least one payment method on file other than Apple ID credit.

Also:

How App Store and iTunes Store purchases are billed - How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support

Some purchases aren’t charged to your Apple ID balance

- Some subscriptions might not be charged to your Apple ID balance.

So the resolution will be to add a functioning payment method:

This document explains how to 'Change, add, [review,] or remove Apple ID payment methods' on a Mac or Apple mobile devices; click here --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

Can’t renew my ICloud+ subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.