You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Settings - How to Remove "Other Users"

How to Remove from Storage-Other Users

Mac Studio

In About This Mac/Storage, I show that "Other Users" takes up 270 GB.

How do I delete this "Other Users"? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Mac Studio, 13.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 4:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 7:20 AM

Are you positively absolutely sure that there are not other users?

One easy way to check this: in the Finder, press Command-Shift-H to go to your home folder; then press Command-Up Arrow to move one folder up. You should see at least two folders there: your home folder (with the same name as your user account) and a "Shared" folder. Is there anything else there?

If there are other folders, probably that is where all that extra data is. If not, then how big is the "Shared" folder? Select it and press command-I to find out.

15 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2022 7:20 AM in response to PRP_53

Are you positively absolutely sure that there are not other users?

One easy way to check this: in the Finder, press Command-Shift-H to go to your home folder; then press Command-Up Arrow to move one folder up. You should see at least two folders there: your home folder (with the same name as your user account) and a "Shared" folder. Is there anything else there?

If there are other folders, probably that is where all that extra data is. If not, then how big is the "Shared" folder? Select it and press command-I to find out.

Dec 15, 2022 5:10 AM in response to JerryfromCali

More info for clarity:

-I do not have other profiles (user log-ins) to delete.

-From research, I have found that "Other Users" (270 GB), is not one singular file but rather a Hodge podge of many files (file names not given).

My next step, if I am unable to resolve it, will be to schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this; your efforts are very much appreciated.

Storage Settings - How to Remove "Other Users"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.