You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image in profile

Can I use a photo when I edit my profile or do I have to use emoji avatars? I’m not crazy about the shadowy silhouette and like the avatars even less.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 12:35 PM

gnancy wrote:

Can I use a photo when I edit my profile or do I have to use emoji avatars? I’m not crazy about the shadowy silhouette and like the avatars even less.

You can use an image. You must be level 3 to customize the avatar.

From: Share what you know and get recognized - Apple Support

Upload a custom avatar image. Your avatar represents you in the community and is displayed with all your posts.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 14, 2022 12:35 PM in response to gnancy

gnancy wrote:

You can use an image. You must be level 3 to customize the avatar.

From: Share what you know and get recognized - Apple Support

Upload a custom avatar image. Your avatar represents you in the community and is displayed with all your posts.

Dec 14, 2022 7:01 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thanks, BobTheFisherman. I knew there must be a way because I’ve seen a couple of cats and a human eye used as avatars on other peoples comments. I haven’t posted or answered anything before but I’ll work on it to get to level three.

Here’s a little add-on — Your answer is really the best, but I inadvertently marked babowa’s answer as Best and Most Helpful (Sorry, Babowa)

Is there a way to take it back

i.e., delete “best answer” and “helpful” on babowa’s answer?

Dec 14, 2022 6:50 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thanks! I new there must be a way because I’ve seen a couple of cats and a human eye avatars. I haven’t posted or answered anything before but I’ll have to work on it to get to level three.

Here’s a little add-on—Your answer is really the best, but I inadvertently marked babowa’s answer as best. Is there a way to take it back—i.e., delete “best answer” and “helpful” on babowa’s answer?

Image in profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.