You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App appears on all desktops

My Calendar app appears on all desktops. iMac M1 a little over a year old. Not sure exactly when it started but within the past month.

As soon as the Calendar App is opened it spreads to all desktops. If I open a new desktop, the calendar is there too. If I close any of them they all close.

OS Ventura 13.0.1

I've rebooted, no luck.

No other app does this.

Ideas? suggestions?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 4:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 4:43 AM

I have to disagree with the previous advice.

In fact it is much simpler. Click and hold the Calendar icon in the DOCK and instead of Show in All Desktops, choose None (or choose This Desktop if you want it to always be in that specific space).

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 11, 2022 2:34 AM in response to Jim Mays

Hi Jim Mays,

It sounds like the Calendar app is set to be shown on all desktops. This is a feature of the macOS operating system that allows an app to be displayed on all of the virtual desktops that you have created.

To change this behaviour, you can go to the "Mission Control" settings in the System Preferences app. From there, you can disable the "Displays have separate Spaces" option, which will prevent the Calendar app (or any other app) from appearing on all of your virtual desktops.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Expose" feature to quickly view all of your virtual desktops and move the Calendar app to a specific desktop. To do this, you can press the "F3" key (or the key combination that you have assigned to the "Expose" feature in the Keyboard settings) and then click and drag the Calendar app to the desktop that you want to move it to.

App appears on all desktops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.