You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook keeps getting question mark and not starting up

Hi Team, my Mcbook is still having the question mark I did a restart and it just shows me the question mark . I restarted the laptop 10 times and still unable to start up properly and I may need your assistances

Thanks.

Regards,

Gene

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 8:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 8:22 PM

Genoz2ke Said:

"Hi Team, my Mcbook is still having the question mark I did a restart and it just shows me the question mark . I restarted the laptop 10 times and still unable to start up properly and I may need your assistances"

-------

See a Question Mark?

Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2022 8:22 PM in response to Genoz2ke

Genoz2ke Said:

"Hi Team, my Mcbook is still having the question mark I did a restart and it just shows me the question mark . I restarted the laptop 10 times and still unable to start up properly and I may need your assistances"

-------

See a Question Mark?

Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

Dec 3, 2022 11:14 PM in response to Genoz2ke

It is possible the Hard drive can not be detected

First boot into recovery mode {command + r} whiles u boot. click on disk utility to check if the hard drive is available. if it is then use the aid to check for and fix any possible errors and reboot. if it still detects same error then try installing a new Mac OS. if the OS doesn't go through, then it means either the...

hard drive is not getting proper connection to the board

hard drive is faulty and needs to be changed

SATA cable that connects to the hard drive is broken there, making it difficult to detect the hard drive.

Macbook keeps getting question mark and not starting up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.