You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts?

My husband passed away in September. He had family sharing and not I can’t disable it. I no longer have any of his devices nor login credentials. What do I do.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 6:44 PM

Hello quiltgranny,

My commiserations.

You should just be able to leave his family group as described in this document: Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

If for some reason that doesn't work then you can do this: How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

You can also try Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

but they may just suggest you do the otehr two things I suggested.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2022 6:44 PM in response to quiltgranny

Hello quiltgranny,

My commiserations.

You should just be able to leave his family group as described in this document: Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

If for some reason that doesn't work then you can do this: How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

You can also try Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

but they may just suggest you do the otehr two things I suggested.

Dec 2, 2022 6:42 PM in response to quiltgranny

Contact Apple. See  if the Apple Support article(s) below helps answer your question.  

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *  (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support    -  Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call.  -

Apple on Twitter-  

Messages chat with Apple

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.