You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using the Watch in a foreign country on a foreign network.

Hello, guys! I'd like to buy from UK an Apple Watch series 8 (GPS + Cellular) and give it as a Christmas gift to my loved one who is living in a foreign non - EU country. Can you please tell me if "cellular" feature can be used on a foreign network or this feature is only for UK networks customers? Thank you very much for your answers!

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 11:30 AM

If the cellular provider your friend uses on his iPhone supports Apple Watch, it should work. You or your friend, need to check with the cellular provider to see if they support Apple Watch. If they don't, your friend can use it as a GPS only watch.

Edit: Here is a link from Apple, listing the carriers who do support Apple Watch and none are listed for Moldova. It is unlikely, this friend will be able to use the cellular feature of an Apple Watch there, regardless of where it was sold.

Click here --> Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2022 11:30 AM in response to varlanadrian11

If the cellular provider your friend uses on his iPhone supports Apple Watch, it should work. You or your friend, need to check with the cellular provider to see if they support Apple Watch. If they don't, your friend can use it as a GPS only watch.

Edit: Here is a link from Apple, listing the carriers who do support Apple Watch and none are listed for Moldova. It is unlikely, this friend will be able to use the cellular feature of an Apple Watch there, regardless of where it was sold.

Click here --> Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Dec 2, 2022 11:14 AM in response to varlanadrian11

Hello, guys! I'd like to buy from UK an Apple Watch series 8 (GPS + Cellular) and give it as a Christmas gift to my loved one who is living in a foreign non - EU country ( Moldova ). Can you please tell me if "cellular" feature can be used on a foreign network (Moldova) or this feature is only for UK networks customers? Thank you very much for your answers!

Using the Watch in a foreign country on a foreign network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.