You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn't connect to inflight wi-fi - is there a way that I can reset my settings?

My iPhone doesn't connect to inflight wi-fi. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot or reset my settings?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 12:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 1:56 PM

Hello John C Lin,

We understand that you're not able to join a captive network on your iPhone. We'd like to provide you with a few steps that may be able to assist you:

How to join a captive Wi-Fi network
1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
2. Tap the name of the network, then wait for a login screen to appear. Or tap the More Info button  next to the network's name, then tap Join Network.
3. If asked, enter a user name and password, enter an email address, or acknowledge terms and conditions.

After you log in, you should be able to access the internet. Fees and other charges might apply when you use captive Wi-Fi networks. Contact the network provider for more information.

If you cancel before you log in to the network
When you tap Cancel on the login screen, you disassociate the device from the captive Wi-Fi network.
If you joined the network from the Wi-Fi screen by tapping the More Info button , a message says that the network isn't connected to the internet. You can choose one of these options:
• Without Internet: This option dismisses the Welcome screen and turns off Auto-Login for the network. It keeps your device associated with the network and allows you to use the network in other ways.
• Other Network: This option dismisses the Welcome screen and disassociates your device from the network. It returns you to the Wi-Fi Settings screen where you can choose a different network.
• Cancel: This option returns you to the Welcome screen.

If you can’t automatically join a network
Your iPhone and iPad can remember network and login information so that you can automatically reconnect to that network when you're in range.
If your device doesn't automatically join a captive Wi-Fi network:
1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
2. Tap the More Info button  next to the network name.
3. Make sure that Auto-Join is on.

If you don't want to connect automatically, turn off Auto-Join. To see the Welcome screen the next time that you connect to the network, turn off Auto-Login.

More details here: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone or iPad

We also suggest reviewing the following resource if you continue to experience the same behavior: If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

We hope this help.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2022 1:56 PM in response to John C Lin

Hello John C Lin,

We understand that you're not able to join a captive network on your iPhone. We'd like to provide you with a few steps that may be able to assist you:

How to join a captive Wi-Fi network
1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
2. Tap the name of the network, then wait for a login screen to appear. Or tap the More Info button  next to the network's name, then tap Join Network.
3. If asked, enter a user name and password, enter an email address, or acknowledge terms and conditions.

After you log in, you should be able to access the internet. Fees and other charges might apply when you use captive Wi-Fi networks. Contact the network provider for more information.

If you cancel before you log in to the network
When you tap Cancel on the login screen, you disassociate the device from the captive Wi-Fi network.
If you joined the network from the Wi-Fi screen by tapping the More Info button , a message says that the network isn't connected to the internet. You can choose one of these options:
• Without Internet: This option dismisses the Welcome screen and turns off Auto-Login for the network. It keeps your device associated with the network and allows you to use the network in other ways.
• Other Network: This option dismisses the Welcome screen and disassociates your device from the network. It returns you to the Wi-Fi Settings screen where you can choose a different network.
• Cancel: This option returns you to the Welcome screen.

If you can’t automatically join a network
Your iPhone and iPad can remember network and login information so that you can automatically reconnect to that network when you're in range.
If your device doesn't automatically join a captive Wi-Fi network:
1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
2. Tap the More Info button  next to the network name.
3. Make sure that Auto-Join is on.

If you don't want to connect automatically, turn off Auto-Join. To see the Welcome screen the next time that you connect to the network, turn off Auto-Login.

More details here: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone or iPad

We also suggest reviewing the following resource if you continue to experience the same behavior: If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

We hope this help.

Take care.

iPhone doesn't connect to inflight wi-fi - is there a way that I can reset my settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.