You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My air pods only turn on when connected to a charger

I had left my air pods in my car when it was very cold and put them to charge. When I tried to connect to them the case was not turning on. I plugged the charger in and I could connect to it. Any idea what’s wrong with my air pods?

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 4:42 PM

Typically one should let the unit come up to temp then try and charge. There is a limit of the temp range for charging.

if that doesn’t t solve, try removing the AirPods and see if the case will charge. That will give a clue where to go next.

look down in the case and make sure there is no dampness, if so blow out with canned air supply. Then try again. Do same with AirPods, but ONLY with dry cloth, no pressure, it could damage speakers, not what you want, I’m sure.

Finally if nothing helps, a trip to a Genius Bar will get you the answer.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2022 4:42 PM in response to Dtorr686

Typically one should let the unit come up to temp then try and charge. There is a limit of the temp range for charging.

if that doesn’t t solve, try removing the AirPods and see if the case will charge. That will give a clue where to go next.

look down in the case and make sure there is no dampness, if so blow out with canned air supply. Then try again. Do same with AirPods, but ONLY with dry cloth, no pressure, it could damage speakers, not what you want, I’m sure.

Finally if nothing helps, a trip to a Genius Bar will get you the answer.

My air pods only turn on when connected to a charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.