You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact name appears when typing new iMessage but then only shows the phone number

I have a weird one for you and I hope you can help. I recently updated to the new iOS 16.1.1 and since then, most of my text messages display the phone number only. When I go to start a new message and type in the name of the person, it shows both the name and the associated phone number. Once I hit send, it goes back to displaying only the phone number. I’ve searched online and tried various fixes to no avail. Short of entering all my contacts manually, have any of you ever encountered this?

thanks!

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 11:16 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Contact name appears when typing new iMessage but then only shows the phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.