You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Opening Youtube Kids

I keep my data off for YouTube so when I’m not on wifi I use safari to open youtube however, recently when I type the youtube link, it takes me to youtube kids and says “Sorry, you can't access YouTube for Mobile Web with your account”. How do I fix this?

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 11:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 7:33 PM

Hello dvhsan,

Since you're attempting to access it using the web, have you tried clearing your browsing history and website data to see if that will permit the correct site to populate when entered? If not, give that a try and see if it helps.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2022 7:33 PM in response to dvhsan

Hello dvhsan,

Since you're attempting to access it using the web, have you tried clearing your browsing history and website data to see if that will permit the correct site to populate when entered? If not, give that a try and see if it helps.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards.

Nov 26, 2022 7:27 PM in response to Soosie_J215

1. I only use YouTube with the safari app when I use cellular. Otherwise if I am connected to wifi, I use the app.
  2. Yes I have a google account and yes I am signed in.
  3. I am only using cellular when trying to connect to YouTube on safari however it takes me to YouTube kids on both cellular and wifi.
  4. I am trying to access YouTube.

5. It is a personal device.

6. No I do not use a VPN

Nov 26, 2022 5:00 PM in response to dvhsan

Hello dvhsan,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you need help with Safari and opening YouTube. We want to clarify what the exact issue is to better help determine a resolution.

1. Do you only use YouTube with Safari on your iPhone and no the YouTube app?
  2. Do you have Google account to sign in with YouTube?
  3. While you have your cellular data turned off for YouTube, to access it, are you connected to Wi-Fi or another network source?
  4. Are you trying to access YouTube or YouTube Kids?
  5. Is this a managed device like for a school or business?
  6. Do you use a VPN or VPN app?

We look forward to hearing back from you. We'll use that information to help narrow down what might be going on.

Take care.

Safari Opening Youtube Kids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.