You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match

I turned on iTunes Match but don't see anything happening. My music library is on an. external disk. does it have to be on the internal hard drive ?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 5:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 6:36 AM

Apple Music is essentially an extension to iTunes Match allowing not only your existing media and playlists to be added to a cloud library, but also anything else you fancy from the Apple Music catalog while your subscription remains active. You don't need both services. If you've purchased the subscription to iTunes Match you should have an option to turn on sync library. I see more options on that tab than you show in your screenshot. Try signing out of your Apple ID and then sign in again using the Account menu in Music.

If you still cannot get it to work reach out to Official Apple Support.

tt2

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2022 6:36 AM in response to DanMccarter

Apple Music is essentially an extension to iTunes Match allowing not only your existing media and playlists to be added to a cloud library, but also anything else you fancy from the Apple Music catalog while your subscription remains active. You don't need both services. If you've purchased the subscription to iTunes Match you should have an option to turn on sync library. I see more options on that tab than you show in your screenshot. Try signing out of your Apple ID and then sign in again using the Account menu in Music.

If you still cannot get it to work reach out to Official Apple Support.

tt2

Nov 24, 2022 7:33 AM in response to DanMccarter

Are you signed into your Apple ID, and is your computer authorized to your Apple ID? This looks like the Music app in Catalina or later rather than iTunes. Are you sure that your subscription to iTunes Match has been completed? See Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices - Apple Support for details of how this control works in Music, i.e. the same as Apple Music. You should see a Sync Library option with your Apple ID mentioned.

tt2

iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.