You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi issues 16.1.1

Just upgraded iPad to iOS 16.1.1. Wi-Fi is very slow and drops. Also have iPhone and it is working fine. So why the issue with iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 4:45 PM

10 replies

Nov 22, 2022 4:48 PM in response to Mlwnv

A forced-restart of your iPad may clear a post-update performance or software issue:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

Dec 6, 2022 1:44 PM in response to LotusPilot

same here. IPhone XR with cellular is fine. IPad Pro 2nd gen 12 inch, buggy as all get out. Laggy UI, ghost touches, sporadic thought so hard to predict. I tried turning on all the motion reduction settings, it just got worse day by day, since i went from ios15 to 16 last week. Turned off all unnecessary background refreshes, just got worse. Did multiple WiFi tests, plenty fast. There’s a glitch in the iPadOS im sure which is probably why 16.1.2 is out for iphone but only 16.1.1 is out for ipad. Frustrating

Dec 13, 2022 1:59 AM in response to Mlwnv

I have found a solution for: Wi-Fi greyed out, Bluetooth is a spinning circle in settings and iphone is restarting randomly!

THE ISSUE: As of today 13 December 2022, i came across to this issue where my Iphone 12 mini, Randomly restarts and my wifi and bluetooth gets grayed out! I saw many reports on this issue and did everything i found on internet which was: " 1.Reset network settings , 2.Turn on DND and Airplane mode and switched off your Iphone for a while, 3.Turn off screen time, 4. Update your device to latest IOS version ". Nothing i found on internet has worked for me. So i did my own research within my friends circle and i found this as a very common issue and almost everyone using Iphone 12 series has faced this issue.

THE SOLUTION: Myself and everyone i know who has faced this issue has multiple IOS devices and they all use single apple ID across all device including me, So it turned out that if you are facing this issue you just need to turn off " Screen time " in settings on all your device which is using this same apple ID and you need to sign out your apple ID from all your other devices except the one on which you are facing this issue of wifi and bluetooth. After Signing out from all other devices your problem will be magically Solved! Try it, it worked for me and my friends so it would work for you too i hope!

Dec 13, 2022 2:00 AM in response to Danieldare

I have found a solution for: Wi-Fi greyed out, Bluetooth is a spinning circle in settings and iphone is restarting randomly!

THE ISSUE: As of today 13 December 2022, i came across to this issue where my Iphone 12 mini, Randomly restarts and my wifi and bluetooth gets grayed out! I saw many reports on this issue and did everything i found on internet which was: " 1.Reset network settings , 2.Turn on DND and Airplane mode and switched off your Iphone for a while, 3.Turn off screen time, 4. Update your device to latest IOS version ". Nothing i found on internet has worked for me. So i did my own research within my friends circle and i found this as a very common issue and almost everyone using Iphone 12 series has faced this issue.

THE SOLUTION: Myself and everyone i know who has faced this issue has multiple IOS devices and they all use single apple ID across all device including me, So it turned out that if you are facing this issue you just need to turn off " Screen time " in settings on all your device which is using this same apple ID and you need to sign out your apple ID from all your other devices except the one on which you are facing this issue of wifi and bluetooth. After Signing out from all other devices your problem will be magically Solved! Try it, it worked for me and my friends so it would work for you too i hope!

wifi issues 16.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.